Lotion bars are great to add to your beauty routine. Imagine a bar of soap that when you rub it on your skin leaves it silky smooth and shiny. Making lotion bars yourself is even better than buying them commercially because you can adjust the amount of oil in the bar depending on how much moisture your skin needs. Plus you will know it was never tested on animals! If you have skin that is very dry and flaky, add a little more oil; if your skin is more on the oily side, add a little less. You can also add essential oils, fresh herbs, or even flower petals, to make a bar that is completely your own.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb bar of beeswax
- ½ cup almond oil
- ½ cup coconut oil
- A double boiler (or a glass bowl placed on top of a pot)
- An ice cube tray
- Any essential oil, herb, etc. of your choice
Here’s what to do:
- Take about 1/5 of the bar of beeswax and add it to the double boiler
- Melt the wax completely
- Add the almond and coconut oils, stirring until completely melted
- Add your scent of choice
- Pour the melted wax and oils into your ice cube tray
- Let stand overnight
- In the morning, pop out your lotion bars, it’s that simple!
To use your lotion bar, rub it between your palms until it’s warm, then apply anywhere you need a little extra moisture.
Enjoy your silky smooth skin!