By Audrey Bonfig, CG Lifestyles & People
Ice facials are very common and popular in Asia, especially among models and actresses who rub ice cubes on their faces daily to reduce swelling and redness. While the thought of rubbing on your face might sound uncomfortable and frigidly painful, there is a method to the madness.
There is a fluid in our bodies called interstitial fluid that surrounds our cells, giving them nutrients and removing wastes. Have you ever noticed that your face looks a bit puffy when you wake up in the morning? That’s because as you sleep gravity prevents the body from redistributing interstitial fluid, so it builds up in the facial tissues. This isn’t harmful, but it can be you may not like how you look when you awake.
This simple ice facial will help to redistribute the interstitial fluid, reducing the swelling and puffiness. It also contains green tea and vitamin e, both proven to provide antioxidants that help keep skin healthy and glowing.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ice cube tray
- bottled or filtered water
- 2 bags of green tea
- 1 vitamin e gel capsule
Here’s what you need to do:
- The first thing you need to do is measure your water, about one to two cups should do.
- Take the water and warm it up until it’s about the temperature of soup.
- Put your tea bags in the warm water and let it steep for about ten minutes; you want it to be highly concentrated.
- Take one of your gel capsules and prick a hole in it. Squeeze the oil into the tea.
- Pour the green tea-vitamin e mixture into your ice cube tray.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to an hour, or until the tea mixture just begins to set.
- Place a toothpick into each cube.
- Refrigerate again until completely frozen.
- Use your new ice facial!
It is that easy to reduce facial swelling. Enjoy having beautiful skin!